The following information relates to the personal data processed when taking part in the promotions offered on this site (www.lidl.co.uk/jet2holidays).
What personal data is being collected?
For the purposes of entry into the Free Prize Draw you must provide us with the following personal information:
• 10-digit till receipt number
• Full name
• Email address
We will also collect the following personal information from you:
• Details of the county in which you reside. We will collect this from you in the event you claim a prize.
• Your passport or driving licence details.
For the optional purposes of subscribing to the Lidl newsletter, as well as the Marketing emails from Jet2holidays and Jet2.com, the following personal data will be processed:
• Full name
• Email address
• Consent confirmation
• Date consent was provided
Who is collecting it?
This Free Prize Draw is run by Lidl Great Britain Ltd (Lidl’) (19 Worple Road, London, SW19 4JS) who are the controllers of the customer data processed in relation to administration of the promotion.
The Site is operated by Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG. (Stiftsbergstr. 1, 74167 Neckarsulm, Germany) and all submissions will be stored on a server owned by Cheetah Digital (Building One, The Heights, Weybridge, KT13 0NY, United Kingdom).
Lidl has partnered with Jet2holidays limited and Jet2.com limited(Low Fare Finder House, Leeds Bradford Airport, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS19 7TU) which will receive the name and email of the winner from Lidl when the draw is completed as well as the personal data mentioned above for any marketing emails to be sent by Jet2Holidays and Jet2.com which the customer has consented to.
Why is it being collected and how will it be used?
For the purposes of the Free Prize Draw:
Our legal bases for processing the above information are the fulfilment of the terms of the promotion as set out in the Terms and Conditions and compliance with our legal obligation to publish certain information about our prize winners. This Privacy Notice describes this in more detail below.
The personal information provided by you to us in connection with this Free Prize Draw will be used for administering the prize draw. This involves:
• Verifying the identity of participants;
• Entering participants into the draw;
• Identifying the Winner;
• Notifying the Winner;
• Providing the full name and county of the Winner upon receipt by Lidl of such a request; and
• Investigating any claims that Lidl believes may be fraudulent in nature and taking further actions, such as legal proceedings where appropriate.
If you are a Winner of the Free Prize Draw, we may make your name and county available to third parties upon their request in line with our obligation to publish such information under the law applicable to prize draws. You have the right to object to us making such information available. You may exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, even if you object, we may still be legally obliged to make this information available to certain third parties (such as the Advertising Standards Authority) upon their demand.
For the purposes of the Lidl Newsletter distribution:
If you have consented to receive Lidl’s newsletter, we will send you information about products, special offers, competitions and news, flowers, photography as well as for customer satisfaction surveys.
The content of the newsletter includes promotions (offers, discount promotions, competitions, etc.) as well as goods and services of the Lidl stores. In certain regions the offering may vary and as such the content in the Newsletter will be adapted to customers in those regions.
You may revoke your consent to the receipt of the newsletter at any time in the future, e.g. by unsubscribing from the newsletter. You can find the link to unsubscribe at the end of each newsletter. Bear in mind the removal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to the withdrawal of consent.
To ensure that no errors occur when entering your e-mail address, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure: After you have entered your e-mail address in the log-in field, we will send you a confirmation link. Only when you click this confirmation link will your e-mail address be added to our distribution list.
For the purposes of receiving marketing emails from Jet2holidays and Jet2.com
If you have consented to receive Jet2holidays and Jet2.com email marketing we will send you information about products, special offers, competitions and promotions.
The basis for processing the personal data, outlined above, shall be consent. You have the right to withdraw consent, but where you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to the withdrawal of consent.
You may revoke your consent to the receipt of the email marketing at any time in the future, e.g. by unsubscribing from the email marketing. You can find the link to unsubscribe at the end of each email. Bear in mind the removal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Recipients or categories of recipients:
The personal information collected on entry from participants, for the purposes of the Free Prize Draw, will be held by Lidl for the sole purposes as set out above. Lidl will share your personal details provided on entry with Jet2holidays if you are confirmed as the winner to facilitate in redeeming the prize and booking the tickets.
If you select to consent to the Jet2holidays and Jet2.com Marketing emails, we will share the personal data outlined above with Jet2holidays via a secure transfer portal at the end of the campaign on 25th March 2019. Thereafter, Jet2holidays will be considered controllers of the data and further processing information relating to your personal data can be found at www.Jet2holidays.com/privacy-policy.
We use a third party email provider to send our newsletter and store our email database. As with all service providers we work with, we only share the information required to provide the service, and they are required to meet our own high standards of security. They are under a contractual obligation in accordance with Article 28 of GDPR.
Storage duration / criteria for specifying the storage duration:
• The participants’ personal information collected for this Free Prize Draw will be kept securely by Lidl for the duration of the promotion and will be deleted immediately after the Winner and reserves have been drawn. The Winner and reserves details will be destroyed no later than three months after the Free Prize Draw has been completed and the Winner announced.
• In the case of any investigation for fraudulent activity or legal proceedings, personal data will be held until the proceedings and any related actions are completed;
• The personal information collected for the purpose of this Free Prize Draw shall be destroyed immediately if you discontinue your participation in the Free Prize Draw.
• The personal details shared with Jet2holidays and Jet2.com, in relation to the optional Marketing consents, will be deleted by Lidl on 25th March 2019. Any further processing information can be found on Jet2holiday’s Privacy Notice.
• You have the right to receive upon request information about your personal data processed in relation to this Free Prize Draw, free of charge.
• In addition, and if the legal prerequisites exist, you have the right of rectification, erasure and restriction of processing of your personal data.
• Further information on these rights can be found in part 16 of the Lidl Privacy Notice.
• In addition, you have the right to complain at any time to the responsible supervisory data protection authority. The supervisory authority for data protection in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Further advice and guidance can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk or by contacting their helpline on +44 (0)303 123 1113.
• For any queries relating to the promotion, website and submission enquiries please email email@example.com directly
• If you have specific questions regarding the processing of your data, you can contact Lidl’s Data Protection Officer on Data.Protection@lidl.co.uk
Updates to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We shall contact you using appropriate means (for example, email) to tell you about any significant changes to this Privacy Notice.