Tandoori halloumi wraps
A filling, tasty halloumi wrap recipe that would work well on a vegetarian barbecue menu. The spicy tandoori marinade on the cheese is offset by a cool, minty raita and zingy mango salsa.
- 2 225g packs halloumi, chopped into chunks
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 3 tbsp Kanpur Garden tandoori curry powder
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- Little gem lettuce, shredded
- 250g plain yoghurt
- ¼ cucumber, grated
- 1 small handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 small mango, stoned, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small handful coriander, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1. Begin by making the tandoori marinade. Mix together the curry powder, yoghurt, lemon juice and olive oil. Coat the halloumi pieces in the marinade, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, make the raita and salsa. Mix the raita ingredients, cover and chill. Mix the mango salsa ingredients together, cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. Thread the marinated halloumi pieces onto skewers, reserving any leftover marinade. Brush a hot griddle pan – or barbecue – with oil and cook the halloumi skewers over a high heat for 5 - 7 minutes, turning regularly and brushing on any remaining marinade.
4. Once the halloumi pieces are golden and beginning to charr, remove the pieces from the skewers and set aside.
5. Warm the wraps for 20 seconds each in a microwave, then fill with the tandoori halloumi, raita, mango salsa and salad.