Quick-pressed spring flowers
Put those spring blooms to good use with our quick pressed flower method, which makes a lovely decoration for Easter craft. Use flowers from a beautiful bouquet, or pick fresh ones from your garden.
You will need: fresh flowers, kitchen towels, a heavy book (with no metal in its bindings) and a microwave!
- Lay your flowers out on a piece of kitchen towel, leaving a generous space between each one.
- Top with another piece of kitchen towel and slide into the centre of a heavy book. Make sure the book doesn’t have any metal in its bindings – a notebook with elastic strap will work well .
- Place in the microwave and top with a heavy dish or microwave plate and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove and leave the rest for 2 minutes, then wrap the flowers in fresh kitchen towel and heat for a further 30 seconds.
- Change the kitchen towel again and leave between the pages of the book for half a day until dry.
- Use to create Easter cards or to decorate boxes for edible gifts.
Find more fun and games ideas or browse our range of spring food and drink.