Whether it's your first or your fifth, having a baby is a wonderful, exciting and slightly nerve-racking adventure. Read on for tips on pregnancy, hints on staying organised and nutritional recipe ideas for you and your baby.
7 remedies for morning sickness
- Graze throughout the day. You may find that eating little and often will help to settle your stomach.
- Nibble on some plain snacks. Before getting up, eat a piece of dry toast or nibble on a few crackers.
- Avoid strong smells. Overpowering smells of any kind could make you feel even more nauseous, so steer clear of anywhere particularly pungent.
- Keep hydrated. Sickness can leave you dehydrated, which in turn can make you feel even more nauseous Sip water throughout the day – it’s essential to keep your liquids up as becoming dehydrated can make you feel even more nauseous.
- Avoid heavy meals or rich foods. Overly heavy or fatty meals can put additional pressure on your system, so keep your diet light and fresh.
- Sniff a fresh scent. Keep a bottle of lavender in your bag, or even put a lemon
Explore our collection of recipes for inspiration.