5. Sprinkle a few nuts over each dish you make, scatter some lentils into each salad you put together, top each plate with fresh green herbs like coriander, basil or parsley, stir in frozen peas whenever you boil pasta.
6. Get into nut butters for extra nutrients. Stir it into your porridge along with a mashed banana for a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
7. Swap mashed potato for mashed celeriac, cannellini beans or peas. Easier to make and so many more nutrients.
8. Up your dips game: stir some fresh guacamole or hummus through your chilli or spag bol. Add some colour to your homemade hummus (spinach or beetroot works well).
9. Swap in cauliflower rice for your stir fry. Bake it in the oven for 20 mins with cashew nuts, garlic cloves and a little soy sauce.
10. Get into feta: half as much calories as ‘normal’ cheese and packed full of nutrients. Stir into pasta, add to your soup, crumble over eggs, spread on toast.