We’ve put a crowd control system in place to help manage social distancing in our stores. This includes positioning security guards or designated team members at our store entrances during busy times of the day, to keep track of how many customers enter our stores at one time. You’ll also notice messages around our stores to remind everyone about the importance of keeping a two-metre distance from one another when shopping.
Rest assured we are continuing to work closely with the government during these challenging times to ensure the correct measures are put in place in our stores, for the safety of both our team members and customers.
We are committed to providing a safe and positive shopping experience for all, and understand that certain measures we currently have in place to support social distancing may present challenges for some of our customers.
We pride ourselves on forming close connections with you, our customers, and our store teams regularly provide additional support for individuals that we serve on a regular basis.
Should you require any extra assistance, the following support is available:
- An assistance bell is located at the entrance of stores, and a member of the team will provide further assistance when the bell is rung.
- If there is a queue at the entrance of the store and you have difficulty queuing, make yourself known to the security guard or member of the team at the front who will give you priority entry.
- Our teams will take the opportunity to explain any changes that have taken place in store and ensure that you are aware of new facilities such as our cleaning station, providing support where required.
- We have communication materials around the store in large font, detailing changes in place, and we have introduced customer information audio announcements, which include social distancing awareness.
- Whilst we are encouraging customers to shop on their own where possible, if you require assistance with your shopping you may be accompanied by someone that can support you. This also applies to single parent families and their children.
- If you are unable to complete your shopping whilst adhering to the social distancing measures we have in place, a member of the team will safely support you in doing so.
- If you require any further assistance, please speak directly to a member of the team who will be happy to help.
Working in partnership with Royal Voluntary Service, we donated thousands of fresh fruit and vegetable bags to hospital sites across the country, and into the hands of frontline health workers.
We’ve now lifted our volume restrictions on all items and are reverting to our previous policy of allowing all customers to purchase ‘usual household’ quantities again. This is, as ever, at the store manager’s discretion and we still ask for your continued consideration for our colleagues and other customers when you come into store.
Be nice to other customers and store teams – after all, we’re together in this. A little kindness goes a long way during these difficult times.
Watch the video from DEFRA below, thanking the nation’s #FoodHeroes